Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday, October 11th 2011 WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!...

This is a blog that I have begun, dedicated to those sounds that such pioneering bands as the JESUS AND MARY CHAIN, THE COCTEAU TWINS, LOOP, A.R. KANE, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, and the like, had a hand in developing and creating. I am talking about what has come to be termed SHOEGAZE and DREAMPOP and you can also lump in it's descendants, 'NEWGAZE' 'DREAMFOLK' and the like etc., etc.

These sounds first caught my attention around the time I was 15 or 16 and I read about My Bloody Valentine in Rolling Stone Magazine in the early 90's and their group photo fascinated me and shortly after I purchased their monumental and groundbreaking LOVELESS shortly after that and haven't been the same since! Soon to follow were other groups I heard of and got know about such as RIDE, SLOWDIVE, SWERVEDRIVER and other on a similar wavelength.

There is a certain otherworldliness and etherealness (spiritualness?...too much 'ness' going on here!) that can be attached to many sounds of the genre and that you can say is what makes it unique. I will review every week (as many days of that week) sounds of the genre, old and new. Submissions are always accepted and all will be reviewed. So...let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment