Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING OLD - THE ASTEROID NO. 4 - Honey Bee (1998) + THE BILINDA BUTCHERS - Seafoam Green (2011)


I was a 21 year old living in Brooklyn, New York and the year was 1997. I had been going to shows mostly at NYC's IRVING PLAZA venue seeing a number of cool bands such as Stereolab, Ash, The Charlatans UK, Kula Shaker, Wilco (whom I walked out on), etc. I had heard of the Brian Jonestown Massacre and their My Bloody Valentine-like sound and read they were playing at a little bar called Brownies. So off I went to a night that changed my life. Asteroid No. 4 were the first band up and they played a short set that nevertheless blew me away. Been a fan ever since...
 
Here's a lovely instrumental by a band named after My Bloody Valentine lead vocalist (you guessed it) Bilinda Butcher. A new favorite band. They hail from San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment